Mata Shree Gomati Devi Jan Seva Nidhi (MSGD) is a non-governmental organization, registered under the Indian Trust Act 1882. This organization was established in 1993 by Hon’ble Dr. Desh Bandhu Gupta (Chairman, Lupin Ltd.). MSGD has strived to achieve socio-economic empowerment of the unprivileged sections of society.
The Foundation aims to act as a facilitator for the socio-economic empowerment of the community by enabling them to realize their potential and improving their quality of life through the following objectives:
- Improving the livelihood of the poor and marginalized rural community through a diversified farming system.
- Generating employment by promoting rural entrepreneurs.
- Sensitizing the community about their rights and entitlements regarding health, education, social security and other community development schemes.
Approaches & Strategy:
- Promote community-based organizations i.e. Self-Help Group, Matashree Gram Vikas Panchayat, Federations, JLGs, Farmer’s Clubs.
- Encourage participatory approaches and ensured participation of the community at all levels.
- Address gender & poverty issues.
- Focus on small & marginal farmers, women and unemployed youth.
- Develop linkages and partnership with various stakeholders.
The holistic development programme is operative in 150 villages in the seven blocks of the Alwar district in Rajasthan and continues to extend benefits to the thousands of poor families.
|Sr. No.||Block||Gram Panchayat||No. of Villages||Total No. of Families||BPL Families|
- Lupin Ltd. Mumbai.
- National Bank of Agriculture & Rural Development (NABARD).
- Departments of the Government of Rajasthan (Department of Agriculture, Horticulture, KVK, Health, DIC and Deptt. of Social Welfare)
- Rashtriya Mahila Kosh (RMK), Department of Women & Child Development, Govt. of India.
- Department of Women and Child Development, Rajasthan.
- Rajasthan Mission of Livelihood (RMoL)
- Dr. Shroff’s Charity Eye Hospital, New Delhi.
- National Institute of Rural Development (NIRD).
- ICICI Bank, Jaipur.
- Letz Dream Foundation, Gurgaon.